A new entrant to the aseptic fruit & veg puree market is hoping to disrupt the category by using a proprietary rapid steam infusion process it claims can produce products of unparalleled quality that retain the color, flavor and nutrient levels of the raw materials.
- Hygienic, enclosed system from grinding of raw ingredients to aseptic packaging of finished purees;
- Cook time of 4-20 seconds utilizing the high temperature of direct steam injection;
- Extremely effective destruction of microbes with minimal damage to cell structure of the vegetable, legume or berry ingredients;
- No scorching of puree which can occur with other cook methods;
- No paddle agitation as in kettle cooking so integrity of cell structure for the puree is maintained;
- Gentle but highly effective cooking process results in retention of flavors, colors and nutrients;
- Consistency of finished product greatly enhanced vs batch cooking;
- Significant reduction in water usage vs other processing methods;
- Aseptic packaging enables ambient temperature storage and transportation;
- Shelf life of 24 months in ambient temperature storage conditions and a full 7 days of shelf life once package is opened and kept refrigerated.
Canadian Prairie Garden Puree Products Inc. has secured exclusivity to this Transformational Process.